Here is a list of things I imagined saying before I wrote them down and made them no longer imaginary.
- When did ‘bald’ become synonymous with evil?
- I swear to all the flying kung-fu spaghetti monsters in all the multitudinous realities that if one more person screams their need of an unknown name, I will yell “MOONCHILD!” and expect luck dragons to fall out of my television.
- This thing where everything’s happening in real time is really kind of cool.
- I should be watching Agent Carter.
- There are a lot of different kinds of evil on this show. Heroic evil. Gentrified evil. Lazy evil. Ambitious evil. Cowardly evil. Aforementioned bald evil.
- I’m not sure trunks are all that different from fridges when it comes to women but, Rosario Dawson. She’s cool. Not always in the show. But, in general.
- I’m on episode seven, and there’s a thing I like in how much Matt Murdoch sucks at this superhero thing. Which makes sense. He doesn’t have any mentors. Magical or otherwise.
- The dialogue wavers between pulp awesome and pulp dumb with dashes of Foggy said a funny thing.
- Drew Goddard began running the show and left. Steven S. DeKnight took over. Both Buffy alums. From them comes a certain benefit of the doubt and so far it’s been rewarded.
- Real-estate may be the source of all evil in this show.
- Murdoch has had some backstory. Very little for everyone else. This show is told in PRESENT TENSE. Fascinating.
- That is all. For now.
- Except. Violence. There is that. Not any worse than OLD BOY and not any better, either, but there’s an exhausting fight at the end of episode two that’s so long I cringed with empathy.